Friday, September 17, 2010

Vintage Water Pitcher Makes Perfect Vase for Sweet Potato Vine



I love this 1950's water pitcher, which was my grandmothers. Growing up as a kid, it always had KoolAid in it! I wanted to display it (not use it for fear of it getting broken) so came up with this idea.

I got the idea from my mother-in-law. Her mother used to always have a sweet potato vine growing in the kitchen. All you have to do is have the sweet potato half in the water (use can use toothpicks to support it if the opening of your vase is too wide.)

I found the water pitcher was perfect width to hold the potato half in/out. This is so low maintenance anyone can do it - even if you routinely kill every house plant you've ever tried to grow. Just keep it filled with water (refresh with completely new water 1-2 a week) and it will thrive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment